We Work to Prevent Sports Injuries
Did You Know?
- More than 38 million children participate in sports each year in the United States.
- One in three children who plays a team sport is injured seriously enough to miss practice or games.
- Girls are up to eight times more likely to have an ACL injury than boys
- Most organized sports-related injuries (62 percent) occur during practice rather than in games.
- The most common types of sports-related injuries among children are sprains, muscle strains, bone or grow